Golden State Ice Cream’s School Fundraising Program is a very fun and easy way to support your schools fundraising efforts. Selling ice cream at lunch or after school is a great way to help fund the ever-increasing cost of maintaining your favorite activities. We have been working with schools throughout Santa Clara County and surrounding areas for many years.
At Golden State Ice Cream we offer a full line of “School Approved” ice cream products from Rich's Ice Cream, which is a nut free facility. All items are approved by the USDA (https://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/tools-schools-focusing-smart-snacks) for school lunch and a la carte programs.
Smart Snacks in School Standards:
- Calories: Snack items and side dishes sold a la carte must be less than 200 calories
- Fats: Acceptable food items must have less than 35% of calories from total fat
- Saturated fats: Acceptable food items must have less than 10% of calories from saturated fat
- Trans Fats: Zero grams of trans fats (0.5g or less per portion)
- Sugar: Less than 35% of weight from total sugar
- Sodium: Snack items and side dishes sold a la carte must have less than 200mg of sodium per item
- Daily Value: Contains 10% of a Daily Value of the nutrients Potassium, Calcium,
- Vitamin D, or Dietary Fiber, or contains Dairy or Fruit as the first ingredient